STEM courses are one of the trendiest courses all over the world. It is popular at many other study abroad destinations as well. STEM courses in the UK offer an ample amount of opportunities. There is a line of opportunities in both the private and public sectors. STEM includes courses offered in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. This blog is your guide to STEM courses in the UK!
Study STEM In The UK Guide
What Is STEM?
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM encompasses a curriculum that broadens the scope of these four subjects. The demand for STEM courses has continually increased as a result of the diverse range of specializations blooming out of the large area of science. STEM courses have many benefits for students.
Why Study STEM In The UK?
The UK is known as one of the top study abroad destinations as it offers everything from world-class facilities, experienced faculty, high placements to memorable campus life and overall personality development. Universities in the UK are esteemed for offering a highly practical and impeccable course curriculum that makes students employable and ready for the industry.
Many universities in the UK are ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and are esteemed for their innovation, creativity, and learning environment. In top UK universities, there are highly experienced faculty who have mastered the art of promoting innovative learning and scientific way of thinking among its students. Universities in the UK are filled with courses and degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM graduates from UK universities have a competitive edge when it comes to career opportunities and placements. Let’s talk about how to choose STEM courses in the UK based on your eligibility, application process and other factors.
While applying for STEM courses in the UK, it is important for candidates to meet the required eligibility criteria to secure admission in their desired course and admission. Eligibility criteria for STEM courses in UK universities differ as per the university and course. Here is a list of the common entry requirements for STEM courses in UK:
- Students must have physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology in their high school.
- If applicants are applying for a PG degree, then their graduation must be in any of the subjects from STEM.
- Applicants must have the relevant work experience, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation from their professors.
Now’s the right time to secure a safe student loan UK ! Fill the form in this blog TODAY!
Knowing the stepwise procedure for applying to STEM Courses in UK is very important, it needs to be adhered to strictly to secure admission in the desired course and university
- Make a list of the STEM courses you want to pursue and learn about the application deadlines.
- Look into the admissions requirements of the university where you desire to pursue your STEM degree.
- Fill out the application form available on the university’s official website. Don’t forget to include a letter of recommendation!
- The university will review your application and contact you with offers and details about the required English Language Tests.
- After receiving approval from the university, you must arrange funds, apply for a student visa, and gather university arrival information.
- To travel to the United Kingdom, a Tier-4 UK student visa will be needed.
- Secure English Language Test (SEL Test) approved by UK Visas and Immigration to demonstrate English language proficiency.
The following documents are required for securing admission in the desired STEM course and university:
- Academic Transcripts.
- CV or a Resume.
- UG degree in case students are applying for a PG course.
- English language proficiency test scores.
- Two Reference Letters.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Statement of purpose.
Cost Of Study
STEM courses are in high demand in the UK. The average annual tuition fee of STEM courses varies from £9000-£38000. There are other expenses like accommodation, living and miscellaneous expenses which cost approximately £12000-£15000 per annum.
Courses Under STEM In UK
Given below are the most popular and esteemed courses offered under STEM in UK:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Sciences
- Information Technology
- Design and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Materials Engineering
Top 10 Universities For STEM Courses In UK
Below is a list of universities that offer STEM courses in the UK:
- University of Cambridge
- University College London
- University of Oxford
- The University of Manchester
- The University of Edinburgh
- Imperial College London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Bristol
- King’s College London
- The University of Warwick
Top Highest Paying STEM Degrees In The UK
STEM courses in the UK graduates end up with some of the highest salary jobs. Here are some of the highest paying STEM Courses in UK along with their average salary:
|Course/Degree||Average Salary in GBP|
|Computer Science Engineering||47100|
PS: If there’s anything more you’d like us to know about. Add it to the comments section!
Thank you for reading this blog on ‘Pick The Right STEM Courses In The UK’ If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that might be of interest to you: