Overview Of An Education Loan In Ireland
Pursuing your higher education in Ireland can be an overwhelming experience when it comes to arranging for finances & funding. As international students, there are a number of expenses associated with studying in Ireland and not everyone can afford the exorbitant costs. While scholarships, grants, and fellowships are available in abundance, it is quite challenging to get sufficient funding enough to cover all your expenses. In such cases, most international students apply for a student loan in Ireland to help overcome their financial burdens. Securing an overseas loan, however, might be a difficult procedure if students do not have a clear understanding of the application process.
Eligibility Criteria To Study In Ireland
International students must meet the qualifying standards and have a good comprehension of them. Though the particular eligibility standards for each educational provider may differ from country to country and university to university, the general framework of the requirements for securing a student loan in Ireland stays the same: -
1. The applicant must be a qualified Indian citizen.
2. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
3. The applicant must have great academic records.
4. The applicant must have been accepted into a recognised university/college or institution in Ireland.
5. The applicant must be able to present the necessary documents as verification if questioned.
How To Get An International Student Loan To Study In Ireland
1. Upon receiving a conditional or unconditional offer letter from the university of your choice, based on the tuition fees & living expenses, students start looking for a student loan in Ireland
2. To get started, you can visit the UniCreds website & fill in your personal information and other basic details
3. You can then upload the necessary documents as required by your university
4. This will then be reviewed by our experts and sent to the lenders
5. Within a few working days, if you’ve met the criteria, your loan will get sanctioned
6. Based on the set date, you can expect the loan disbursal.
Major Factors To Consider For A Student Loan In Ireland
Before you proceed with applying for an education loan in Ireland, here are some factors to be taken into consideration -
1. A co-applicant is required at the time of application. The co-applicant could be a friend, sibling, parent, relative, or anyone who has financial stability.
2. It is important that you have an eligible CIBIL score for your loan to get approved.
3. If you’re planning to apply for secured education loans, keep in mind that you will have to submit collateral.
4. Financial documents of both, the borrowers as well as of the co-applicant
5. If the co-applicant is self-employed, he/she must have an ITR.
Documents Required For An Education Loan In Ireland
Nationalized banks, such as the State Bank of India (SBI), provide education loans to deserving students who desire to study in Ireland. UniCreds generates a list of documents for students based on their profile, the profile of their co-applicant, and any collateral they submit. However, in general, these are the documents necessary for a student loan in Ireland for international students -
1. KYC Documents - Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport
2. Academic Documents - Mark sheets / passing certificates of S.S.C., H.S.C, Degree courses.
3. Copy of admission letter of the Institute along with Fees schedule
4. Financial Documents - Bank Statement/ Passbook of the last 6 months.