As of 2021, there were over 200,000 international students studying in Canada, with a significant number of them being from India. Indian students have been increasingly choosing Canada as an educational destination in recent years due to a number of factors, such as the country’s high-quality education system, diverse culture, and welcoming immigration policies. Additionally, many universities in Canada offer programs and support services specifically for international students, which helps to make the transition to studying in a new country a bit smoother. In addition, Canada is a popular tourist destination, drawing millions of visitors each year. The number of tourists who visit Canada varies from year to year, but it typically ranges between 20 and 25 million. In 2019, approximately 21 million international tourists visited Canada. All of this simply means that Canada is a popular international destination, and students and tourists must have travel insurance for Canada.
Best Travel Insurance In Canada:
Before we delve deeper into the significance of having travel insurance for Canada, let’s first look at some of the top travel insurance options available for both tourists and students.
- Allianz Global Assistance: This company offers a variety of travel insurance options for Canada, including comprehensive plans that cover medical expenses, trip cancellations, and lost or stolen belongings. They also offer add-ons such as adventure sports coverage for activities like skiing and hiking.
- World Nomads: This provider specialises in travel insurance for travellers and backpackers. They offer coverage for a wide range of activities and destinations, including Canada. They also have an easy online process for purchasing and managing your policy.
- Travelex Insurance Services: Travelex offers a variety of travel insurance options for Canada, including plans that cover medical expenses, trip cancellations, and lost or stolen belongings. They also offer 24/7 emergency assistance and a mobile app to manage your policy.
- Manulife: This insurance company has a range of travel insurance options for Canada, including plans that cover medical expenses, trip cancellations, and lost or stolen belongings. They also offer coverage for adventure sports and activities such as skiing and hiking.
- TuGo: TuGo offers a variety of travel insurance options for Canada, including plans that cover medical expenses, trip cancellations, and lost or stolen belongings. They also offer add-ons such as coverage for adventure sports and 24/7 emergency assistance.
Please note that these are just some of the popular travel insurance for Canada, it’s always important to compare different policies and read the entire document before making a decision. Also, your travel destination and the activities you plan to do while in Canada will affect the type of coverage you need. It’s always best to seek advice from insurance experts or travel agents.
Significance Of Having Travel Insurance For Canada:
You may be wondering why you should invest in travel insurance for Canada if it is not mandatory in the country. The following should answer the question.
- Medical coverage: Travel health insurance for Canada provides coverage for medical expenses, including emergency medical treatment and hospitalisation. This can be especially important in case of an accident or sudden illness while travelling, as medical costs in Canada can be quite high.
- Trip interruption and cancellation coverage: Visitor visa insurance for Canada or a travel insurance policy can provide coverage if a trip has to be interrupted or cancelled due to unforeseen events like falling sick, bad weather, or even a family emergency for that matter. This can help to protect against the financial loss of prepaid expenses.
- Baggage and personal effects coverage: As a tourist, having the best visitor insurance in Canada would be extremely helpful. It can provide coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged baggage and personal effects. This can be especially important for travellers who are bringing valuable items on their trip.
- Emergency assistance: Many travel insurance policies also provide access to emergency assistance services, such as help in arranging for medical evacuation or providing translations services.
- Peace of mind: Having student travel insurance for Canada should be at the top of your list if you are planning to study in this North American country. It is extremely important as it provides peace of mind, knowing that unexpected events are covered. This can allow students to focus more on academics, and on their student life rather than worrying about potential financial losses or unexpected expenses.
Assume that you’re about to embark on a trip to Canada, a country rich in natural beauty and cultural diversity. You’ve planned everything, packed your luggage, and are ready to go. But what if something unexpected occurs? A medical emergency, a flight delay, or misplaced luggage can quickly turn your dream vacation into a nightmare. This is where travel insurance for Canada comes into play. It’s like a dependable friend, always by your side and ready to act in any case of emergencies. With a travel insurance policy, you can explore Canada with peace of mind. So, as you pack your bags and prepare to explore the unknown, don’t forget to bring your trusted travel insurance for Canada.
- When is the best time to go to Canada?
The best time to visit Canada is during the summer months of July and August because the weather isn’t too cold during those months.
- What kind of educational opportunities does Canada offer?
The nation is renowned for its top-notch educational system and the world’s best institutions that provide a wide range of programmes in numerous academic specialities.
- Do travel insurance for Canada have a free-look period?
Yes, many travel insurance policies for Canada have a free-look period, which is typically a specific number of days from the date of purchase during which the policy can be reviewed and, if not satisfactory, cancelled for a full refund.
- Can I get travel health insurance for my parents who are coming to visit me in Canada?
Yes, in fact, buy travel insurance for your parents’ trip to Canada. Family members, such as parents, grandparents, and kids, are frequently covered by travel insurance companies.
Thank you for reading this blog on ‘Here’s Why You Need Travel Insurance For Canada’. If you’d like to read more blogs, here are some recommendations that may be of interest to you –
- A Quick Guide To Student Travel Insurance
- Intakes In Canada – The Fall & Winter Intake 2023
- Best Side Hustles For Students In 2022
Looking for student Education Loans?