Impromptu or extempore speech is a form of public speaking which is done spontaneously or without much preparation. In your school or college, you may have experienced this briefly in the form of debates and elocution competitions, but extempore for MBA is a different ball game. Extempore plays an integral role in the selection process of an MBA candidate. As an MBA aspirant, you are expected to be impressive, think on your feet and communicate your views effectively. It is a crucial component of the personal interview round since it gives the interviewer a better understanding of your personality and ability to handle challenging situations. It is a test of your presentation skills, presence of mind, speaking skills, way of thinking, clarity of ideas, and subject knowledge. Some of the broad extempore topics are based on social issues, business, economy and current affairs. But the topics are not limited to the above themes; you can be asked to speak on any trending topic. MBA candidates are expected to be abreast with all events happening around the world, and track recent developments.
How to Prepare For Extempore Speech Topics?
Your extempore speech should bring out your thinking and ideas cleanly and crisply. For this, you need to be well-versed with the most likely asked topics and also prepare for unconventional topics. Before becoming familiar with the extempore topics, understanding the procedure will aid in preparing for the round.
- A topic will be assigned to you by the interviewer.
- Following this, you will be given a few seconds to prepare and contemplate the topic. Once you are ready, you will be required to present your speech within 1-2 minutes. The speech should have an introduction, your key points for or against the topic, and a logical conclusion.
- You can interpret the topic the way you like, as long as your speech is interesting, engrossing, unique and confidently presented.
Some of the skills that you can brush up on before preparing for extempore topics are your language composition skills, communication skills, analytical skills, rational thinking, logical reasoning, and your ability to think on the fly. Time management is also an important skill to learn as you need to finish all your points within a few minutes. Being fairly audible, not getting too nervous or excited and maintaining a single tone while delivering your speech is also important. You need to work relentlessly in developing these skills to excel in your extempore round. After a fair understanding of extempore and its preparation, let’s look at the list of extempore topics for MBA
List Of Extempore Topics On Social Issues
- Subsidy in the Fertilizer Sector
- Covid-19 Pandemic and its Impact on Healthcare
- Farm Bill 2020: Concerns, Issues
- Covid-19 & Ensuring Public Health
- Climate Justice
- Rural Development
- Global Terrorism
- Reservations in India
- Good economics in good politics
- Social Media is making us anti-social
- Women Empowerment
- Role of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- The beef ban in India
List Of Extempore Topics On Current Affairs
- Online Education
- Impact of Covid-19
- Work from home- Pros and Cons
- Artificial Intelligence
- New Education Policy
- Recent Initiative by the Government
- Citizenship Amendment Act
- Moon Mission
- Media Trials: Pros & Cons
- Data theft by social media platforms
- Make in India vs Make for India
- Goods and Services Tax
- Negative Obsession with Artificial Intelligence
- Article 370
- India or China: The next superpower
List Of Extempore Topics On Abstract Subjects
- Is Work-Life Balance a Myth?
- Innovation Vs Invention
- Do We Need More Entrepreneurs or Managers?
- Mythology vs Management
- Academic Scores are not a good measure of intelligence
- Red vs Blue
- Liberal Education
- Ignorance is bliss
- Indian classical music
- Me Too Movement
List Of Extempore Topics On Economy And Business
- Impact of COVID on economic growth
- Banking Frauds
- Impact of demonetisation
- Inflation or growth
- Common currency in South Asia like in Europe
- E-commerce discounts- Are they harmful?
- Business lobbying
- Net neutrality
List Of Extempore Topics On Latest Trends
- Boom in IT
- Impact of technology on Jobs
- Globalisation and the Indian Economy
- Green marketing and climate change
- How do we reduce the wealth gap between the Rich & Poor?
- Disaster Management
- Cryptocurrency/ Bitcoin
- Importance of Individual Data Privacy
- Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Free Speech
The more you prepare for the above-listed extempore topics, the more confident you will feel about yourself before appearing for the interview. It’s your only chance to leave the best impression on your interviewer before you seal your admission to the college. If you speak eloquently and present your points explicitly, you will have a good chance of getting selected. Your ability to maintain calm and composure in front of your audience will make you ace the extempore round. It’s truly a test of your mental preparation, and we wish you all the best for it!
Thank you for reading this blog on ‘An Extensive List Of 60+ Extempore Topics For MBA 2022-23!’ If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that may be of interest to you –
- GRE Cut-Off Scores For Universities
- Which Are The Top Universities Without IELTS?
- Acceptance Rate Of Universities In the USA