The United States of America is unlike any other country in the world. This nation holds the distinction of being the world’s military superpower, the most affluent nation on the planet and most importantly (for us), the world’s strongest higher education system. There’s always something remarkable happening in the US facts, but most of us aren’t even aware of it. This is why we’ve dedicated this blog to highlight all the fantastic, cool and interesting facts about the USA that you probably didn’t know. These US facts cover topics like Geography, Business, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and much more. So keep reading to find out more about the most amazing & interesting facts about the USA.
61 Of The Most Cool And Interesting Facts About The USA | US Facts
1. The USA consists of 50 states, a federal district (District of Columbia) and 14 territories.
2. ‘In God, We Trust’ is the motto of the USA.
3. The national symbols of the USA are as follows –
- National animal: American Bison
- National tree: Oak Tree
- National bird: Bald Eagle
- National Flower: Rose
4. America has the third-highest population in the world, after China and India. This is one of the lesser-known facts about America since the first two countries are quite popular but people fail to know the country in the third position.
5. English is the most commonly used language of the United States, but there are more than 300 languages spoken in the country.
6. The USA is nearly the same size as the continent of Europe; making it the 3rd largest country in the world. This is one of the quirky and interesting facts about the USA.
7. One of the most amazing facts about the USA (facts about America) is that it is the only country in the world that has all of Earth’s five climate zones: tropical, dry, temperate, continental, and polar.
8. The largest body of fresh water in the world by surface area can be found in the USA. It is called Lake Superior and it covers an area of 31,700 square miles.
9. One of the most mind-blowing facts about the USA is that the only people who have walked on the moon were Americans.
10. With over 45 million immigrants, the USA has the most number of immigrants in the world.
11. The USA was the first country to use the term “President” for its head of state.
12. Many of the best inventions ever have been made in the USA. Airplanes, cellphones, potato chips, computers and the light bulb are just some of the examples. Again this is one of the cool and interesting facts about the USA.
13. Although the United States is home to less than 5% of the world’s population, it accounts for around 25% of global economic output. Jaw-dropping, isn’t it?
14. The United States became the world’s largest petroleum producer in the last 10 years, outperforming Saudi Arabia, the world’s second-biggest oil producer.
15. The USA consumes the most hydrocarbon gas liquids, gasoline, jet fuel and distillate fuel oil in the world.
16. Here is one of the most random facts about the USA OR US facts – The current iteration of the American flag was designed by a high school student.
17. The USA is one of the three countries in the world that have not officially switched to the metric system. The other two are Liberia and Burma.
18. Just over half of the U.S. population lives in nine states. They are – California, New York, Texas, Florida, Ohio Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Illinois and Georgia.
19. The United States has been awarded more Nobel Prizes than any other country in the world.
20. According to New Census Bureau projections, America will be “minority white” – 49.7% – by 2045.
21. The United States is blessed with around 12,380 miles of coastline, which is more than all but eight other countries worldwide.
22. Walmart, founded in Arkansas, USA, is the world’s largest private-sector employer, with around 2.2 million employees.
23. Chinatown in Manhattan, is home to more Chinese residents than anywhere else in the Western Hemisphere.
24. The United States has the best higher education system. America welcomes over a million international students every year, the most of any country.
If you are looking forward to becoming an international student and need assistance with international student loans USA, all you have to do is fill this form ➡️
25. 9 of the 10 largest companies in the world by market cap are based in the United States. Moreover, 54 of the top 100 companies by market cap (54) are American. Isn’t this one of the quirky and interesting facts about the USA?
26. The USA shares the world’s longest land border with Canada. This border is around over 5,500 miles long.
27. The United States is the largest producer of corn in the world.
28. The sport of basketball was invented in Springfield, Massachusetts in 1891.
29. Out of Of Golf Advisor’s top 100 golf courses in the world, 52 are located in the United States.
30. The United States of America is home to more billionaires than any other country in the world. Again this is one of the most interesting facts about The United States.
31. Before New York was called New York, it was called New Amsterdam.
32. The famous Statue of Liberty was actually a gift from France to the United States.
33. Here is an absolutely quirky and interesting facts about the USA – During the early parts of the 19th century, the current American state of Alaska was actually a part of Russia.
34. The Liberty Bell, arguably the most symbolic pieces from American independence, was actually made in London. One of the most interesting facts about the USA, facts about the United States is that it was made in the same place as Big Ben in London.
35. There are 43 giant presidential heads hidden away in Houston, Texas. We bet this is one of the most random & interesting facts about the USA you’ve heard today!
36. The Mammoth Cave National Park in America has the longest cave system in the world.
37. The only archipelago state in the USA is Hawaii.
38. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, is the tallest man-made monument in the US. Again this is one of the most interesting facts about The United States.
39. The Smithsonian National Air, and Space Museum is the most visited museum in America, with over 9 million visitors every year.
40. Athletes from America have won more Olympic medals than any other athletes from other countries.
41. After Spain and France, the USA is the third most visited country by international tourists.
42. The world’s largest office building by floor area can be found in the US. It is the headquarters of the Department of Defense – The Pentagon.
43. Popular music genres like jazz, country, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, hip-hop, folk, soul and gospel have come out from the United States of America.
44. The U.S. film industry is the oldest, largest, and most profitable film industry in the entire world. Again this is one of the most interesting facts about The United States.
45. 9 in 10 Americans have eaten a pizza in the last month.
46. Close to one-third of all land in the United States (650 million acres) is owned by the Government.
47. On any given day, 37% of American adults consume fast food.
48. It is estimated that there are over 75.8 million dogs in the United States. This is one of the lesser-known facts about America.
49. Close to 43 million Americans identify as ancestrally German.
50. U.S. currency is green only because the government chose to colour it, as a part of its anti-counterfeiting strategy.
51. 24% of adult Americans reported moving within the country in the past five years.
52. 3 out of every 4 tornadoes that occur in the world happen in the USA.
53. The US ranks in the top 10 countries in the world for the number of species of birds, mammals, vascular plants and fish.
54. The USA has the fourth-largest forest cover in the world, after Canada, Brazil, and Russia. This is one of the lesser-known facts about America.
55. It is estimated that over 90% of Americans use the internet. In comparison, 54% of the global population use the internet.
56. After Australia, Indonesia, and New Zealand, the United States of America is one of the most generous countries in the world. Again this is one of the most interesting facts about The United States.
57. The USA accounts for just over 21% of the world energy consumption and has the world’s highest per capita energy consumption.
58. Around 108 million people are employed in the American service sector.
59. 26 American States have names with native American origins.
60. Los Angeles consumes almost 30 million pounds of hot dogs every year. This is one of the lesser-known facts about America.
61. According to Forbes, 575 out of the 2,000 world’s largest companies are based in the USA.
Looking for student Education Loans?
1. What is America famous for?
The United States of America is by far the most popular country on the planet. It is known for its tourist attractions such as the Grand Canyon, sports, and technological innovation and it has left an unforgettable mark on global culture thanks to popular films, music, and television shows.
2. What is unique about America?
According to Pew Research Center sociological data, Americans vary from citizens of other countries in their individuality and belief in hard effort to succeed. Furthermore, Americans are more pious and hopeful than those in other prosperous countries.
3. What things are only in America?
An obsession with college sports, extreme patriotism, and spray cheese are some of the only American things that you will see.
4. What are 3 historical facts about the United States?
Well, the US has the fourth longest river system in the world. Secondly, the US has the largest economy in the world and thirdly, the US is home to some of the best musical artists of all time.