For people who wish to move to another country, Australia has always been a common choice. The nation has optimistic variables, such as a thriving economy, which ensures more opportunities for jobs. Australia offers a greater quality of life, and there are stability and prosperity in a multicultural society. But how to get permanent residency in Australia?
Australia gives immigrants a permanent residence visa or PR visa. The visa is valid for a period of five years. With a PR visa, along with your family, you will migrate to Australia. After residing in Australia for three years with a PR visa, you can apply for citizenship. Here is how to get permanent residency in Australia. Cost of applying for permanent residency in Australia is AUD $4045.
Permanent Resident Visa Benefits in Australia
- Serving and living in the country
- You can carry members of your family
- Free education up to a certain age for your kids
- Sponsorship for PR status can be given to relatives
- Health & occupational benefits for you and your family
Measures for Permanent Residency
Here is the easiest way to get permanent residency in Australia.
Step 1: Review the Conditions for Eligibility
- When applying for permanent residency in Australia check if you meet the criteria for qualifying.
- In the list of occupations in demand, check whether your profession is present.
- Based on the points table, check whether you have the points needed.
Step 2: Test for English Proficiency
By taking the prescribed English language exam, check whether you have the requisite English language proficiency. Fortunately, the Australian immigration authorities accept ratings from different English skill assessments such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc. So, to achieve the specified score, you can take either of these tests.
Step 3: Achieve Your Skill Appraisal
The Skills Evaluation Board, an agency that will determine your abilities, education, and job experience based on Australian criteria, will measure your abilities.
Step 4: Record Your Expression of Interest
The next move is to file an Expression of Interest (EOI) on the Capability Select website for Australia. On the SkillSelect portal, you can fill out an online form where you should have answers to your performance questions, which is again based on the category of visa you are applying for.
- Independent Professional Visa-subclass 1899- Qualified Independent Visa is the required visa program in Australia for PR. You should follow the requirements for qualifying before applying. You’re bound to get a PR visa invitation.
- Professional Visa Nominee-Subclass 190- Any qualified specialist helps with the visa. The government of the state or jurisdiction nominates you based on your points. Prove if STSOL is part of your profession.
- Subclass 491 Visa for Provincial (Provisional) Professional Jobs- The Subclass 491 visa permits you to live and work for five years in Australia. Meet ability specifications when you seek state/territory sponsorship nomination.
In the online application, you can have all of the information needed.
Step 5: Get your Submission Invitation (ITA)
You will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Australia PR after submitting your application and if it complies with all the criteria.
Step 6: Apply Your Request for PR
Submitting your PR application is the next move. Within 60 days, you must apply it. For the processing of your PR visa, the submission must include all the supporting documentation. Your records, visa records, and work experience documents are all documents.
Step 7: Get Your Certificates of Clearance
Submitting the police clearance certificates is the next step. You must apply for your certificate of medical approval following a medical test.
Step 8: Get Your Visa for PR
Having your PR visa is the last step.
Time for Processing
How to get permanent residency in Australia? If you follow all the procedures involved in the PR application process carefully, the next question is how long it will take to process the visa. Production of PR visas entails multiple phases. The overall processing time for your PR visa is calculated by adding the time required for each point. How do I get permanent residency in Australia?
Ability appraisal: A specified skill assessment agency conducts this. You will get a quicker response from them based on how quickly you send the papers. The time for processing varies from 45 to 60 days.
Interest Expression: The processing time depends on the qualifying ranking. The higher your ranking, the more likely you will obtain an invitation to apply (ITA).
Visa Application Submission: You must apply your visa application to the DHA or the Department of Home Affairs after collecting your ITA. Within 60 days after getting your ITA, this must be achieved.
Medical and Certificate of Character: It can take some time for the character and medical approvals to be processed. It is best if, as soon as you collect your ITA, you start the process of obtaining these papers so that you can request your visa approval as early as possible.
Visa Approval: The DHA performs a detailed analysis of your profile after you submit the appropriate paper. They will send you a visa grant if they are pleased with your profile. It takes approximately 3 to 5 months for this operation.
Preparation for Departure: You will have to travel to Australia within six months after getting your visa acceptance. Get permanent residency in Australia for international students.
Other Requirements to Apply for Permanent Residency in Australia
For Australia PR, individuals may apply. Compare all criteria by achieving 65 points in the framework of point measurement—present funds as part of the facts to help you and your family.
If you want to move to Australia, the following are some conditions—
- Information on language exams
- Qualifications of Education
- Experience at jobs & qualifications
- Verification by pharmacy & police
- Documents for flying
- Evidence of settlement funds, such as bank accounts, shares, currency, etc.